Liability insurance is available for both fitness instructors and facilities alike. Often, if you are employed by a facility like a gym or dance studio, you are covered under their facility insurance policy. If you are not employed, however, and are paid as an independent contractor, you will likely need to carry your own liability insurance. It can never hurt to hold your own policy, however, regardless of your employment status. This gives you the freedom to choose where you want to teach live classes. (Always check with your employer, first, and do not assume you are covered)